Facebook Pages & Groups
If you'd like more information about Force Free Dog Training or would like to follow Azul's Journey as a Service Dog, please follow my Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/YooperPawsOfLove/
I use this page to share posts from other trainers that apply to issues my costumers are currently dealing with. All links include information that is backed by science and/or uses force free training methods.
The Yooper Paws of Love groups are designed by age and/or topic of common interest. My groups are designed to pair owners with similar training interests together to create a network of support for asking questions and celebrating training wins.
Here is my current list:Yooper Paws Friends
This small private group is limited to those who live in Iron Mountain & surrounding areas. We use this group to set up local group walks, training sessions, and network to discuss dog training issues.
Clients can post updates about their dog's training progress, available times for group playdates and training sessions, or highlight fun adventures they are having with their dogs.
Check out the SERVICES tab to learn about the Mini-group sessions that are organized within this Free Facebook Group!
- --Puppy Brain
- --Leash Skills
- --Service Dog Puppy Resources
- --Games to Help with Behavior Issues
This group is also used for discussion of the In-Person Positively Puppy Class and the Online Positively Puppy Paws Class.
- What is Spring Fever
- Canine Sensory Overload - When the environment is overstimulating!
- Enrichment Sniffing - The benefits of providing scent based walks.
- Understanding Hormones - Its not only about sex: Opinions vs Science
- Recall Reinforcement - Taking a step back to work on recall training safely.
- Reviewing Leash Manners - What's important to you and how do you tell your dog what you want?
- Socialization Safety - What to do when you come across another dog on the trail.
- Focus Around Distractions - Practicing the behaviors you want to be repeated.
This group is for all owners with dogs that have a job that requires advanced obedience. Many have dogs in training or working as Service Dogs. The group is also open to Therapy Dogs, hunting dogs, Search & Rescue dogs, basically any field that requires advanced obedience. Topics will be mostly training related, but can be open to anything the group wishes to discuss politely.
Current Tasks Include:
- Medical Alerts based on observed actions & biological scent changes.
- Hand delivered retrieve for dropped items & specific items such as meds.
- Mobility Tasks
- Deep Pressure & Heat Therapies
We also have some topics for “frequently asked” issues including training for public access, public transportation such as flying, game based learning, target training, and common training issues.