Everyone makes mistakes!
- Mistakes caused by a consistent lack of attention to detail or plain sloppy work.
- Mistakes that come from people experimenting. Or, when they make a genuine error due to lack of judgment or experience.
- We don't break down the behavior in small enough steps which adds to confusion for our dogs.
- We try move from one step of the training to another too quickly. Perhaps we add distance or duration too fast.
- We set up the environment wrong because we misjudge our dog's abilities to concentrate in that environment or simply misjudge the environment. (The park we chose for a training session is too busy on that day, at that time.)
- We choose the wrong reinforcement for the behavior we are seeking trying to use a reinforcement value that is too low to motivate our dogs or environmental motivators might be competing for attention.
- We misread what our dog is offering in the situation.