Announcing the NEW Canine Car Club!
This is a totally new class using a new format! For years I've done car desensitization with my own dogs and over the last few years I've helped many other dog owners learn how to go through this process. But now I'm pulling it all together in a group for both local in-person clients and virtual clients.
I will be using the Zoom format mainly for audio purposes only. Participants will be required to sign into zoom to listen to my directions. I will be using headphones and not looking at my phone at all so there is no need for participants to turn on video unless they want me to observe their dog's body language.
Lessons will be designed to teach you how to develop calm manners in and around your car, desensitize to seeing other cars moving, people moving, and dogs in the parking lot, and developing a safe way to transport your dog. Here are a few key points that will help you determine if these sessions are right for you.
- Multi-dog households can bring multiple dogs with one registration.
- Locally, I will be using my demo dogs as a distraction inside and outside the car.
- Virtually you will be choosing parking lots based on the distractions you want to work with.
- If your dog is feeling safe, calm and comfortable in the moment you may have the opportunity to practice short periods outside for potty, sniffs, and mini-breaks. But you will want to make sure your dog has taken care of this need before coming to the session.
- You will want to provide fresh water and high value reinforcement for your dog during the session.
- Each session will last roughly 30 min of actual work time and another 30 min of review, Q&A, or individualized help.